Need help making computer "Like New"

Reaction score
I want to completely wipe out my OS. I am getting ready to sell my computer to a family member, but i want it to be completely wiped out and brand new. I was wondering if i could make it just like when it arrived brand new, where it took me through the tutorial and what not. I already have everything important backed up to an external HD and ready for transfer when i order my new macbook. Any help/ tips would be awesome. Thanks

imac Intel (not aluminum)
osx 10.4.11
2.16 GHz Intel core 2 duo
2 gigs ram

Reaction score
yes, easy.. just use the original system disks you got, load the system disk that has the OS system software on it (as you normally got several disks), restart, hold the "C" key so it starts from the disk (or select the CD from the Startup Disk control panel), and then when you start the install process, have it wipe your drive and install the new system. you can see your install options when you start the install and you can take it back to stock configuration. I just did this on an iBook I sold and got it right back to factory settings.

Reaction score
you should also format the hard drive to get rid of anything on there ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.