Macbook A1181 doesn't boot from it's original install disk

Reaction score
I have Macbook a1181 , the hard disk failed and I replaced it also I lost my installation disk , I have tried downloading images from internet and burnt them to dvd and CD but non of them worked for booting from , I ordered the the original replacement disk from apple but that one also didn't work , first I thought maybe the DVD Drive doesn't work properly but I tried a install dvd 10.5 belongs to a MAC mini this time worked and I could boot from the this mac mini install disk , but I couldn't install that disk , and I know this is normal that I couldn't install that , because it is related to another mac computer ,
Is there anybody knows how I can fix this problem , or is it possible to create a USB flash boot and I start the installation file from the DVD but booting from Flash disk.
or any other solutions?
I am getting crazy.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You more than likely ordered the incorrect install set from Apple. If the disks they sent do not work, but one from a mini will boot the machine but not install, it's a good indication that the disks you have are not correct.

Make sure you give Apple the exact model number of your MacBook when ordering disks. Or, buy a retail set instead. (more expensive)

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
is it possible to create a bootable flash disk from the installation disk, you know I think something wrong with the dvd drive because when I try to boot from the replacement disk or downloaded disk from the internet at least it must show something bootable when I use option key on the boot screen but it shows nothing, dont you think it must show a bootable disk at least and then it show another message than it is not possible to boot?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You do realize that it is illegal to download an image of OS X from the internet or anywhere else? No help with that.

Your DVD drive apparently is working OK otherwise you would not have been able to read the Leopard DVD from the Mini. As far as creating a bootable flash disk from the install disks you have, try the instructions at this LINK.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.