language problem and more

Reaction score
Hello, I just recently purchased an iPhone 3G on Ebay. The phone is unlocked and jailbroken. I will discuss those things later, but right now my biggest problem is I have changed the language to English, but there are some things that are still in French. Such as the lock screen date, the App store, and the Safari web browser are all in French. Pretty much everything else is in English. How do I fix this? Now, I want to remove the jailbreak on the phone and restore it to factory settings. But I heard this will remove the unlock on it. It is a Rogers iPhone and my carrier is Fido. So should I restore the phone, or will it remove the unlock? Any help with these issues is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
A restore would reset the phone to factory settings. I suppose this will also reset the language throughout the entire phone to English. Yes, restoring the phone would remove the unlock. Also, I believe you will lose the ability to unlock the phone again after restoring.

Also, I found a link that would help you out with this, but it violates the EULA, so I cannot discuss it here.

OP
F
Reaction score
A restore would reset the phone to factory settings. I suppose this will also reset the language throughout the entire phone to English. Yes, restoring the phone would remove the unlock. Also, I believe you will lose the ability to unlock the phone again after restoring.

Also, I found a link that would help you out with this, but it violates the EULA, so I cannot discuss it here.

If I do this, will my phone be bricked? Secondly, if I lose the ability to ever unlock the phone, this will mean for sure I will have to use a Rogrs sim car since it is a Rogers iPhone? So, if a large OS update for the iPhone comes out, what will I do if I want to upgrade? Will the phone have to be jail broken to that new OS? I really don't like jailbroken phones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.