itunes default art

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
hi....i wanted to know if anyone has figured out how to change the default album art that shows up when albums dont have any....specially the artwork that shows in cover flow & quick look....even if someone can lead me to the location of the image file it would be a big help....thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
A lot of people go to Amazon and get the album art. Then once you have whatever art you want. Open iTunes, select all the songs on the album by using the apple button and clicking until all are selected. Control click or right click on any one and select get info. Click the artwork tab. Drag whatever artwork you want for the album into the box and then click OK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.2 ghz , ipod classic 80 gig and ipod nano 4 gig
thats what i do.. just search the album name and click ,drag ,drop...
not too helpful when you have about 40 gigs of music :)

OP
rohan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
ahahaha...no...i dont think my question was clear...i have no issues getting & applying artwork...i have done it for a lot of my music...but some that dont have any available art or i haven't applied to...they have this default thing with the itunes note & grey/black background...im sure you have seen it...its what shows up when you browse thru cover flow for albums without art....i want to change that to something else...so by default when i either get new music/ dont want to apply album art it wont be the apple default art.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I don't know how to change the default image. What I do when there is no art for something is do a google search for images. Like if I have a live performance of a band that isn't a real release. I'll just search for images of the band and pick something that I like and use that. It helps with idendtifying the album visually instead of leaving it blank or having it the same as 20 other albums with default images.

OP
rohan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sample

heres a pic of the icon/image im talking about...this is also there for coverless tracks in front row...only larger...if anyone can figure out where it is stored on the computer it would be really helpful...ive tried allt he places where i thought it should be...couldn't locate it...there is a similar icon of a grey film strip for movie files which dont have a preview frame...i couldn't find that either....where are these files being stored???

btw...its not in core services/front row/

attachment.php

Picture 2.jpg

Reaction score
have you got a path?

Hi,

sorry to re-open an old thread..

I'm looking for the same file path because sometimes (I suppose when I add a new album) the default art looks like a corrupted jpeg... (see the attachment) I don't wonder why...

did you find the file path?

thank a lot,
Marco

Schermata 2010-08-27 a 11.52.55.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.