firefox for mac problem

Reaction score
Okay, so I have the latest firefox version for mac os x, I have been experiencing firefox freezes very commonly and was wondering if anyone else has been experience similar problems. Also, if anyone wants to recommend a mac os x browser that would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
safari is the best way to go, but this is in the wrong area. should be in software, apps, and what not. you could also check out camino, it's like firefox but made specifically for mac.

edit:: neat. now it is:p

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Okay, so I have the latest firefox version for mac os x, I have been experiencing firefox freezes very commonly and was wondering if anyone else has been experience similar problems. Also, if anyone wants to recommend a mac os x browser that would be great.

Safari is a decent alternative, and hey, it's already on there.

If you're more interested in finding the underlying cause, I would recommend trying Onyx and running the maintenance and optimization tasks.

In addition, check to make sure that Firefox isn't looking for a proxy server. This is done by going into the Firefox menu, clicking Preferences, Advanced button, Network tab, Settings button, make sure "Auto-detect proxy settings" is not checked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.