Mail problems

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am having some problems with Mail. I have set it up to work with my AOL account. I can receive emails fine, but when I go to send one, it just gets held in the Outbox folder forever! Here is how I have configured my account:

Incoming mail server: imap.aol.com
Username: jackhjharding
Password: xxxxxxxx

Outgoing mail server: smtp.aol.com
Server port: 587
Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) - ticked
Authentication: Password
Username: jackhjharding
Password: xxxxxxxx

Can anybody help me?

Many thanks,

Jack

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
There seems to be conflicting views on this from both Apple and AOL:
Apple said:
Mac OS X Mail is not used to retrieve or send AOL mail. A Mac OS X version of AOL software is available. Download and install it to use AOL with Mac OS X.
LINK

Yet, AOL says you can do it.
AOL said:
AOL and AIM's e-mail servers allow you to send and receive e-mail using most common e-mail applications. Setting up Mail.app (Apple® OS® X Mail) is quick and easy.
Here is a link to their very own support page with proper instructions on how to set it up:How to Use Mac® OS® X to Read and Send AOL® or AIM® E-mail

OP
J
Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:
There seems to be conflicting views on this from both Apple and AOL:LINK

Yet, AOL says you can do it. Here is a link to their very own support page with proper instructions on how to set it up:How to Use Mac® OS® X to Read and Send AOL® or AIM® E-mail

Thanks for your reply. I have followed the instructions but I am still having troubles sending email. They just get held in the Outbox folder!

Please somebody help me!

Jack

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.