Looking for some help, please!

Reaction score
I'm an idiot. I got some water on my macbook pro and while it wasn't a lot I know it go on there. After this happened I turned it upside down into and A shape and wiped it off with a towel, however it was still on and playing the video I was watching. After this happened it turned it off and then tried to turn it back on (second mistake) however it seemed as if the laptop battery was dead so I plugged it in to the charger. The light on the charger is/was a really dim green that you can barely see with the lights off. I left it alone for a few minutes and it made the start up sound however when I looked at it the screen was still black but the sleep thing was going. I tried turning it on again and attempted the SMC restart but nothing happened. I called the apple hotline thing and was honest and have a genius bar appointment in a few days but I hoping it won't be necessary. Any advice?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please read the Sticky post regarding spills at top of this forum. Since you already have an appointment with Apple, they'll give you a run down on what they feel is needed to repair your machine. However, I expect they may give you a rather hefty estimate for those repairs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.