screen auto zooms on startup ????

B

barrett

Hi all

hope someone can help -

basically i made the mistake of buying they MICROSOFT (aaarrrgghh) comfort optical mouse 3000 it has this feature which allows a user to zoom at the press of a button. all well and good except my mac now auto zooms on startup which means i cant see a single bloody thing on my screen which means i cant do a thing to prevent this. the zoom button on the mouse doesnt work anymore as the driver is not working aaarrggghh
i cant download and install a new driver cos i cant see anything on the screen except a giant mouse pointer at full zoom.
i tried unplugging it and starting the mac with the original mouse but it still zooms in on startup.
i tried pushing shift on startup and going into safe mode but it still zooms in
please help
any ideas people?????

below is a link to the page of the mouse causing the problems
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=041

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
When it starts up - and zooms in - hit Command+Option+8. Command being the Apple key.

Now you can go into System Preferences>Universal Access and mess around under the Seeing tab (I'm on a Windows computer right now, someone else will come along with better info) and turn off Login Items, etc...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.