MacBook Air Price question

Reaction score
Could anyone give me an idea of what this would be worth? I know that apple had this on their site below for $749. It is in excellent shape. Im thinking about purchasing it from a friend.

Refurbished 11.6-inch MacBook Air 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 - Apple Store (U.S.)

Processor 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
L3 Cache 3MB shared
Memory 2GB of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM; supports up to 4GB
Hard drive 64GB flash storage1
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory2
Ports Thunderbolt port, two USB 2.0 ports
Audio Stereo speakers, Omnidirectional microphone, headphone port, support for Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic
Wireless 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible; Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology3
Size and weight Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
Width: 11.8 inches (30 cm)
Depth: 7.59 inches (19.2 cm)
Weight: 2.38 pounds (1.08 kg)4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
I guess that depends on whether your friend gives you a one year full warranty as Apple does.

OP
J
Reaction score
I guess that depends on whether your friend gives you a one year full warranty as Apple does.

It is still under the 1 year warranty. He had purchased it from best buy towards the end of last year. Would it be worth around $400? Its in very good shape and not used much at all.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
It is still under the 1 year warranty. He had purchased it from best buy towards the end of last year. Would it be worth around $400? Its in very good shape and not used much at all.

I think that it's pretty safe to say that if the Apple Store is selling this model for $749 refurbished...and it still has some of the original 1 year Applecare remaining...that $400 would be a pretty darn good deal!:) That's almost 50% off what Apple is selling it for!!!;)

That's assuming your friend is willing to sell it for $400.;)

- Nick

p.s. FYI...if you decide to purchase this (and it does have some of the original Applecare remaining). If you decide that you like having Applecare on it...you MUST purchase Extended Applecare (an extra 2 years) BEFORE the original Applecare runs out.

OP
J
Reaction score
I think that it's pretty safe to say that if the Apple Store is selling this model for $749 refurbished...and it still has some of the original 1 year Applecare remaining...that $400 would be a pretty darn good deal!:) That's almost 50% off what Apple is selling it for!!!;)

That's assuming your friend is willing to sell it for $400.;)

- Nick

p.s. FYI...if you decide to purchase this (and it does have some of the original Applecare remaining). If you decide that you like having Applecare on it...you MUST purchase Extended Applecare (an extra 2 years) BEFORE the original Applecare runs out.

Awesome. Thanks for the help. Yea Basically I play some Slowpitch softball and for what he wants for the laptop it would leave me with a little under $400 in it. I thought that was a good deal.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Awesome. Thanks for the help. Yea Basically I play some Slowpitch softball and for what he wants for the laptop it would leave me with a little under $400 in it. I thought that was a good deal.

If I saw this computer posted on my local Craig's List...Apple is still selling it refurbished for $749...AND it still has Applecare remaining...I would expect folks to still be asking $600-$650 for it.

$400 is a great deal!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.