Consolidating Multiple Apple IDs

Reaction score
Is there any way to consolidate Apple IDs? I have an "oringinal" one when I bought my 1st iBook and recently was "given" a new one when I purchased my iPhone.

Is there any way that I can put them together as one ID??

Thanks!

Stana2z

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I don't understand why you didn't retain your original Apple ID when you got your iPhone.

Anyways, I don't think there's any simple solution or way to merge the two. You can restore your iPhone to factory settings in iTunes and set it up again using your original Apple ID. Otherwise, maybe call Apple and see what they can do for you.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I have heard repeatedly that Apple will not merge IDs.
The easy way is to quit using one of them - probably the new one and just forget - definitely don't purchase anything from it if you haven't already.

The hard way is to authorize both IDs on your computer.
I have never had 2 IDs, so I've never tried it myself, but have seen others mention that you can authorize more than a single ID on both your computer and iDevices.
This has got to be a pitr though, and would strongly discourage it. Everytime you update you'll be having to figure out which ID and password to use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.