apple mail app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook late 2009, 2.26 GHz, 2 Gig ram, snow leopard, iPhone 3Gs
Hi everybody,i'm glad to be part of the community of mac-forums.
i'm a new mac user, when i try to begin working with apple mail app. i follow the steps to add my mail account which is a yahoo one, this message appears:

Logging in to mail server “plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com” failed. This server may require an additional fee for Yahoo! POP access. For more information, visit Yahoo! Mail Plus. If you continue, you might not be able to receive messages.

so if there is any way to get it working without paying any fees i 'll be grateful and thanks again for accepting me as apart of your community.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP 15" i7, 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OS-X 10.7.2; iPhone4 iOS 5.0
That mail domain looks a little suss to me... I would have expected something more like just "mail.yahoo.com" or similar... If I was you, I'd be checking those credentials 1st with Yahoo. Usually they would have fairly comprehensive instructions to guide you in setting up your email client.

Reaction score
Bedo,
Welcome to the Mac world! I was converted about a year ago. And one of the first things I did was setup my iMail, and like you, I have Yahoo account. But until now, I have yet discover a way to receive yahoo emails on my iMail free of charge.
Thus have switched my primary email to Gmail and Hotmail (which I can send and receive emails on iMail).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (late '08)
Yeah, Yahoo is not like Gmail. I'm pretty sure you have to have a paid Yahoo email account to do anything with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yeah, Yahoo is not like Gmail. I'm pretty sure you have to have a paid Yahoo email account to do anything with it.

Yep you need the Yahoo Plus account to be able to set it up in MacMail .. . . . Might be time to look for another email provider .....

As mentioned Gmail works well with MacMail

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook late 2009, 2.26 GHz, 2 Gig ram, snow leopard, iPhone 3Gs
i want to thank every body for his concern
i can't get rid of my yahoo mail so i'll have to pay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.