How to disable shortcut/auto text ?

Reaction score
Hello. The youngest got to my mac again and somehow enabled a function that I cannot seem to disable. I am not sure if its a function of a keyboard shortcut or some auto text function.
When I type in a letter like "e" it shows "eqr", when I push " delete " , it shows =\, when I push "c" it shows "cvs" and so fourth. I've tried to restore defaults on keyboard shortcuts as well as other things but can't seem to fix the one. Any other suggestions ? Thanks !

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Maybe not, but sounds more like something you would see from a spill of something sticky on the keyboard.

I'd be trying an external keyboard if a notebook or a different keyboard if a mini or iMac.

OP
M
Reaction score
You were right. A different keyboard worked just fine and I would not be a bit surprised if something was spilled on the mac keyboard. Hopefully the mac keyboard will maybe work once it's fully dry or might be time to get a new one.
Thanks for your help !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.