Know this might be a worn out topic, but about alarms

Reaction score
I'm using an iPhone 4, not sure if it's the most recent OS because I haven't updated in at least a month and a half. Anyway, I'm experiencing a problem with my alarm; sometimes it doesn't go off. I usually set two alarms and have them both set for repeating on multiple days, but they still fail to go off sometimes.

E.g. I had a late night, but I still wanted to wake up early. I set one alarm for 7:00 AM and another for 7:05 AM. I woke up at 11:45 AM, and when I looked at the status of my alarms, it said that the 7:00 AM one was still on but the 7:05 one was off, yet I have no recollection of either one of them going off - how is that possible? Is this a glitch anyone else has had a problem with recently?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm using an iPhone 4, not sure if it's the most recent OS because I haven't updated in at least a month and a half. Anyway, I'm experiencing a problem with my alarm; sometimes it doesn't go off. I usually set two alarms and have them both set for repeating on multiple days, but they still fail to go off sometimes.

E.g. I had a late night, but I still wanted to wake up early. I set one alarm for 7:00 AM and another for 7:05 AM. I woke up at 11:45 AM, and when I looked at the status of my alarms, it said that the 7:00 AM one was still on but the 7:05 one was off, yet I have no recollection of either one of them going off - how is that possible? Is this a glitch anyone else has had a problem with recently?

Make sure you have the latest updates. If not, update it and see if that helps. If not, delete the alarms and re-make them. If that doesn't work, restore the firmware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.