Resizing Images Resolution

G

gabrielleitao

Hi,

Simple question: I have, for instance, an image that is 350 x 350 pixels and I want to change the resolution to 100 x 100 to fit my Mac-Forums avatar resolution. On a PC, I would easily do that by simply using Microsoft Photo Editor. On a Mac, what simple free software could I use to do that? How? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
oh well there are tons on Versiontracker, otherwise you could resize it in preview if that doesn't work, make it fit to the size you want with zoom out... and take a screen shot of it ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
www.imageshack.us is what I usually use just because its webbased so no need to install anything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
gabrielleitao said:
Hi,

Simple question: I have, for instance, an image that is 350 x 350 pixels and I want to change the resolution to 100 x 100 to fit my Mac-Forums avatar resolution. On a PC, I would easily do that by simply using Microsoft Photo Editor. On a Mac, what simple free software could I use to do that? How? Thanks.

If it's in iPhoto already, just use File > Export, and specify the size.

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Try ImageWell, GIMP or if you are really lucky (!) Photoshop

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.