MBP 13 - Buy now, or wait for a late 2010 upgrade if it's coming?

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm pondering a MBP 13 purchase. I understand that the Core 2 P7550 processor was retained while the GPU and memory received upgrades.

What I would like to know is, can we expect a processor refresh to take place in fall of 2010, sometime before late August when school starts? I understand that there were some engineering obstacles that may have prevented Apple from installing mobile i3 processors into the MBP 13? Is there any chance we might see the P7550 processor get replaced?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums
LOL ... They only just released the new MBPs so you are definitely jumping the gun here!
All that anyone can do is speculate, but if they were to release a new line of MBPs any time this year, it wouldn't be until the end of the year!

OP
J
Reaction score
Welcome to Mac Forums
LOL ... They only just released the new MBPs so you are definitely jumping the gun here!
All that anyone can do is speculate, but if they were to release a new line of MBPs any time this year, it wouldn't be until the end of the year!

Well, can ya blame me? I haven't ever seen a computer manufacturer use the same processor from the previous generation for a "refresh."

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Buy one when you need one... period.

If you need it now, buy it now.

If you don't need one until August, then don't buy it until August.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
Don't get greedy. They just released new MBPs, you're going to be sitting on your heels for a while if you really want to wait for the next release. Like bobtomay said, if you need a computer now, get it now. If you kept waiting for the next Apple release, you'd never end up with a computer. It's a simple fact that they will continue making new stuff that you may want. However, that by no means means that the previous generation is now "bad." Apple makes great computers, and any one of them in any iteration will serve you well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.