Modded my MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
So, I have a 13 inch white MacBook. I threw it through a wall and it sustained some minor damage. The edge of the keyboard started to fall off. I guess thats expected that when you do something stupid like that, the computer will break.

So anyways. My white MacBook would constantly be dirty since I would have dirty hands from tinkering with my car etc and it would be a pain to keep the palmrests and keys clean. I would spend a lot of time wiping the computer down with different cleaners and it got pretty annoying after a while.

I got tired of the dirt and the breaking so I ordered a new keyboard but I ordered the one off of a black MacBook and so far Im pretty happy with the way it turned out. I guess its not a look everyone will appreciate but so far I like it and it will be easier to maintain.

I got the keyboard for 49.99 off of eBay with 10 dollar shipping to my door in Evanston. Got here in two days. I couldnt be more impressed.

DSC_4844.JPG

DSC_4845.JPG

DSC_4847.JPG

DSC_4848.JPG

DSC_4849.JPG

DSC_4850.JPG

DSC_4852.JPG

I was really happy with the way the computer had turned out at this point.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
However, after using it for a few days I decided I wanted to replace the screen bezel as well to tie the look together. Yesterday my bezel came in and I installed it.

DSC_5071.jpg

DSC_5072.jpg

DSC_5073.jpg

DSC_5074.jpg

DSC_5075.jpg

DSC_5076.jpg

DSC_5077.jpg

This is my reverse oreo. I hope you guys liked it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
cool mod, I definitely like the look of that thing.

Reaction score
Nice man. After looking at the first post i said to myself it would look better with the black bezel, then I read on. haha :D

Question about the bezel man, How hard of a time did you have putting it on ? Did you have to press VERY hard on the clips ? Any tips you will give me to put mine back on. I did some other stuff that involved taking it off and I can't get it back on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hey, now it looks like the white iPhone 3G!! :D

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
Nice man. After looking at the first post i said to myself it would look better with the black bezel, then I read on. haha :D

Question about the bezel man, How hard of a time did you have putting it on ? Did you have to press VERY hard on the clips ? Any tips you will give me to put mine back on. I did some other stuff that involved taking it off and I can't get it back on.

It wasnt bad at all. Some of the little "retainer" pieces stick to the original bezel and you have to take them off of the original tabs and put them back in the screen and then snap the new bezel on. It took me two tries to get it on right. What I learned is that you have to get the top and the bottom in first and then the sides. The bottom is more tricky than the top. You have to wiggle it around a bit on the top and bottom for it to "catch". If you dont understand what Im saying, I can maybe try and rephrase it later.

Hey, now it looks like the white iPhone 3G!! :D

I have one of those too :) They match now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
Awesome, thanks for the pics too. It looks really good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
this is an awesome idea, and when i get some spare $, i may have to attempt this myself :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC BOOK 13in
you what seller on ebay did you buy that off?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Looks nice. My only question is, how did it get thrown through a wall? :D

And why?

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
Keyboard - pacificmacs

Bezel - falconprince

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
Looks nice. My only question is, how did it get thrown through a wall? :D

And why?

I was angry. First thing I picked up lol

Same day I bought my shiny new iPhone 3G. Thank God that wasnt the first thing I picked up... It wouldnt have been as easy to fix

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Wow it looks great. You can really see where you rest your hands on the old one it's kind of funny.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
Wow it looks great. You can really see where you rest your hands on the old one it's kind of funny.

Yeah. It was ******. There was no cleaner that I could find that would clean that off. Drove me nuts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Blackbook, 4GB memory, 250GB HD
Wow, it turned out really good. Nice job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
That's very pretty :).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.