ichat help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
ok, a little help please...:)

i guess i really haven't given it much thought until my dad decided to cancel his aol service today. I was using my screenname which was created under his account. now since i've had my mac i've used ichat in combination with the aol im account. now that we don't have aol what am i supposed to do?! i've just downloaded yahoo messenger and have added a few of my friends that use the service. my question is can i somehow sync ichat up with messanger? or do i have to download aim again to sync with ichat?

could someone clarify this for me? i don't think i understand the capabilities or use of ichat completely. i'm concerned about using ichat because i also use my isight for video confrencing.

thanks

*oh yeah, has the aol runnning man symbol always been a part of ichat?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
BigBear said:
... now since i've had my mac i've used ichat in combination with the aol im account. now that we don't have aol what am i supposed to do?! ....or do i have to download aim again to sync with ichat?

could someone clarify this for me? i don't think i understand the capabilities or use of ichat completely. i'm concerned about using ichat because i also use my isight for video confrencing.

thanks

*oh yeah, has the aol runnning man symbol always been a part of ichat?
You do not need to do anything special to "sync" up AIM with iChat. If your AIM account is still active, then you can continue to use iChat as you always have. If the AIM account is indeed cancelled, you can just start a new AIM screenname and use iChat as you have in the past. There is no need for you to download or install AIM for Mac.

OP
BigBear
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
thanks d3v1l8oy
i actually called aol back to double check that. the lady advised me that even though our sevice is cancelled i can still use my sn for aim and webmail without reactivating the account.
i think i still might create a new sn as i'm not too fond of the one i have now;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.