How am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So basically my mac book pro has fallen twice and has some dents, because as most people know mac's dent really easily.

So I took it into the store today to get my cd drive fixed. The women tells me it's covered under warrenty and it's free. She also tells me that it looks like it's been dropped a few times. My mom was with me[who paid for half of it] and I can see she's really mad[she's known that I have dropped it because they brought it up last time we went(they told me my cd drive needed replacing that time and to come another time when they had cd drives in stock)]

So then she takes it into the back room and I realize, that one of my keys has fallen off and it needs replacing. So we tell her and she comes back and says that the guy in the back looked at it and there's alot of physical damage outside and now the cd drive isn't covered under warrenty. My mom is mad but tells the women we'll pay for it[meaning I'll pay for it].

How much is a cd drive?

Also I downloaded snow lepoard for free online using torrents and it's still on my mac. Do you think they'll notice/care?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
So basically my mac book pro has fallen twice and has some dents, because as most people know mac's dent really easily.

So I took it into the store today to get my cd drive fixed. The women tells me it's covered under warrenty and it's free. She also tells me that it looks like it's been dropped a few times. My mom was with me[who paid for half of it] and I can see she's really mad[she's known that I have dropped it because they brought it up last time we went(they told me my cd drive needed replacing that time and to come another time when they had cd drives in stock)]

So then she takes it into the back room and I realize, that one of my keys has fallen off and it needs replacing. So we tell her and she comes back and says that the guy in the back looked at it and there's alot of physical damage outside and now the cd drive isn't covered under warrenty. My mom is mad but tells the women we'll pay for it[meaning I'll pay for it].

How much is a cd drive?

Also I downloaded snow lepoard for free online using torrents and it's still on my mac. Do you think they'll notice/care?

They didn't tell you the cost? Why didn't you ask them??

Snow Leopard is under $30, why are you stealing it??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro

I hate computers that aren't made to be dropped.

EdH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro(5.1), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB hdd
They didn't tell you the cost? Why didn't you ask them??

Exactly. Take some responsibility for your Macbook and consider purchasing a legal copy of Snow Leopard. I hate reading posts like this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Perhaps you should be more careful. I've owned my Powerbook 3400 since 1996 and I think I've dropped it... twice?

And yeah, seriously... bootlegging a $30 OS?

:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

And yeah, seriously... bootlegging a $30 OS?:p

I dont think we should put the emphasis on the dollar amount but on the fact that being a pirate is wrong no matter what the cost of the product.

just my thoughts
Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
And yeah, seriously... bootlegging a $30 OS?

Yep the evils of all evils .... If you can pay for the repairs you certainly can afford a proper copy of SL, and with that you can be rest assured that you wont have any problems down the track. I think this will be closed by the Mods because illegal downloading isnt talked about on here and for it to be our beloved OS ... Yes well enough said i think ....

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
How much is a cd drive?

That's a question that needs to be asked of the one that's going to be doing the work for you. This forum is not directly affiliated with Apple in any way, thus would not be able to tell you specifically how much it's going to cost you.

You do understand, that you have now basically told the world that you pirate/steal software?

And then took your computer to be serviced at the company who's software you have pirated!

Amazing, just amazing.

Yes, I'll close it before it gets too over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.