Webcam on MSN on Windows 7 Virtual Box

Reaction score
Hello, I have the newest version of the Mac Book Pro and have successfully downloaded Windows 7 (32 bit) using Virtual Box. One of the main reasons I have done this is because MSN for Mac doesn't have webcam capabilities and aMSN's webcam function is bad at best.

All my family and friends uses MSN, so it's easier for me to get MSN working than for me to convince them all to switch to yahoo, skype or iChat.

I downloaded MSN and it works fine on Windows 7, but it does not recognize my built in iSight webcam. Has Apple/Windows released the driver that solves this issue yet? If so, where can I get it and how do I install it? If not, how long do you think it will take?

Thanks for your help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Drivers from Apple aren't going to do you any good since you're running Windows 7 in VirtualBox. If you've installed the VirtualBox Guest Tools and the iSight camera is not working, it's because VirtualBox doesn't have a driver for it included with the Guest tools. See their FAQ

You might be better off running Windows 7 naturally from a Boot Camp created partition.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.