cloning hard drive

Reaction score
well im getting a new hard drive. i have carbon copy cloner so i need to clone my old hard rive to my new one. i have two internal hard drives now and was thinking about removing the slave hard drive then plugging the new one in cloning to it then setting it up as master and putting the old slave drive back in. im assuming ill have to setup the new hard drive as slave to do this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Yes, new HDD as slave, and use a program, such as SuperDuper or Carbon Copy. Do a Google on them.

Remember if the speed of obne of the HDD is say 5400RPM, and the new one 7200 RPM, it will be pulled back to the slower speed.

OP
H
Reaction score
how do i find out what speed my hard drive is and is there that much difference in speeds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Beauty.

As a suggestion try a program called SuperDuper. Seems a little quicker than CCC and a Leopard version will be available shortly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.