problem with mail address book

Reaction score
I am having problems with mac mail address book and address panel. Some of my contacts are entered twice and I want to remove the duplicates. I can't find how to do this. I am new to mac, but know there must be a way. Surely other have made mistakes and need to be erased. Thanks

macbook pro, lion os, 8 memory

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open your Address Book application from the Applications folder. Highlight the name|address you wish to remove and then go to the main menu, EDIT. Select "Delete Card".

(Note: You must highlight the name first or the "Delete Card" option will not appear.)

OP
F
Reaction score
Thank you both for the replies. Actually I found another method which is far more complicated. It involved using ical to finally delete. I don't know what MY problem was by not seeing the delete card function. Thanks again and in advance for I know I will ask more questions while getting used to the Mac way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.