Downgrading Question 10.8.2 to 10.8.0

Reaction score
Long frustrating story short. I have a Pod UX2 that I use to record my guitar in garage band. The Pod has issues with the last 2 updates to mountain lion. It causes audio drop outs and popping/crackling in the recordings when played back. They are known issues with mountain lions updates on the line6 (pod UX2) forums. So since I have the original mountain lion install can I just install it and get rid of the updates? Or is there more of a headache to it than that? Im pretty new to macs. Obviously I will want to back everything up and I have but its a pain putting it all back on the computer. If I downgrade will it delete my files? Aside from apps and stuff that require mountain lions updates, which is pretty much nothing that I use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

When you say you have the original install, is it on a USB thumb drive or DVD? If so boot from either and run the Installer. This will install OS X.8 and will keep your files etc. in place. For what it is north, if you have ML on a DVD, it is pretty slow as the disc has to be verified which can take five to ten minutes.

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I actually have the original download from when I originally bought it from itunes. I made a copy of it before I upgraded from lion so i wouldnt lose it when i upgraded.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.