hello all, Im new here!!!

D

definitive

Is there any way to use two monitors and wireless keyboard/mouse and close my PB-G4???

OP
W

WhitE_RabbiT

Im not so sure about two external monitors. Obviously you can use the PB one, leaving the book open. It would seem unlikely that it is possible to do what you're wanting to do.

OP
D

definitive

well, is there a way at all to close the PB and use an external monitor. So the PB is like the tower?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can do it but it is not recommended because the powerbook releases most of its heat through the keyboard. To do it you need to have an external keyboard and mouse hooked up. When you have both monitors connected you put the powerbook to sleep by closing the lid. You awake the external monitor by clicking the keyboard or mouse.

OP
R

Ron Jon

It's a shame that you can't set the resolution higher if you're using an external monitor. Highest it will go is 1024x768.

I'm using another monitor at work. I love setting the resolution really high. It's just a shame that I can't put the dock and everything else onto that screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can move the dock and top bar onto the external monitor in the alignment screen for the monitor. just drag the bar that symbolizes the top bar onto the other screen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.