1Ghz PowerBook G4 Tiger Install Error

C

cellculturist

Hello, i've been able to install Tiger on many computers;
a PowerMac G5, 2 PowerMac G4's, an iMac G5, an iBook G4, and a fairly new PowerBook G4. But most of those aren't mine, the computer i'm having a problem with is an old 1Ghz PowerBook G4 Titanium.

It's running 10.3.9 and its completely updated. Whenever I try installing Tiger, it checks the Install DVD, which is normal, then it starts installing and it says "preparing/checking volume" or whatever, 5 minutes later it says
"There were errors during the installation.

It's not the disc's fault, as it works on other computers, i've tried with external cd/dvd drives, same thing happens.

I use this computer a lot, and I need tiger. Help please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Have you tried using Disk Utility to completely format the drive (might even want to use the "Zero Drive" option) before attempting the installation?

OP
C

cellculturist

i tried using disk utility to repair the disk permissions, but that didnt do anything.
i dont want to completely format the drive, i just want to upgrade it, not reinstall it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.