iSight problem

Reaction score
I find that sometimes when I turn on my notebook the iSight green light comes on automatically. Then when I go to Photobooth I get a black screen and Image Capture says 'No Image Capture Device Connected'.

Sometimes all it takes to solve the problem is to restart the notebook but most of the time I have to turn it off for about 20 minutes before I restart it.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Sounds like a hardware recognition problem. Bring it into your local apple store if it's still under warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, core 2 duo 2.0 GHZ,1GB RAM,80 GB HDD
I've had this issue a few times and have heard of others having it also , I think its just a normal macbook issue but turning the macbook off and removing the battery and putting it back in should fix it and if it happens again just do it again .

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I tried taking out the battery and putting it back in but it only solves the problem for a matter of days. I think I'll bring it to an apple store before my cover plan expires to see if they can sort it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.