So I have had my computer bootcamped for maybe a 2 weeks and omg its falling apart

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 15" MBP 2.6 i7 GT 650M 16GB RAM/2012 27" iMac 3.4 i7 Radeon HD 6970M 2GB 24GB RAM
windows is so awful

internet explorer starts on some crappy bing search engine with a spam add under it and wont let me change the home page, I changed it to google and it just changed back.

I uninstalled "my pc backup" and some other program and they seem to have re installed them self along with driver detective, advanced pc protector and some other crap. There is so many pop ups I can't even use the internet how the **** do i fix this?

windows defender the only legit program said I had 2 minor malwares that I got rid of (IN 2 WEEKS! are you kidding me I don't even surf the net on it just use it for games stuff PvP.net, battle.net)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
OK. Download and install, update and run a full scan Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Let it fix anything it finds.
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 - FileHippo.com

Then get Avast Antivirus free, install, update and run.
Download Avast! Free Antivirus 9.0.2011 - FileHippo.com

Open Internet Explorer - Internet Options - Advanced - Reset
This will return it to factory fresh. You can then change the search engine to something more preferable.

For info, toolbars et al get installed by users. Knowingly or unknowingly. Not to teach you what I'm sure you already know but always do custom installs when installing software to check if toolbars and search engines are packaged as part of the deal. Never click on flash adverts etc on websites. Always read every single pop message. If in doubt press alt+f4 to close the window, don't click it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 15" MBP 2.6 i7 GT 650M 16GB RAM/2012 27" iMac 3.4 i7 Radeon HD 6970M 2GB 24GB RAM
OK. Download and install, update and run a full scan Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Let it fix anything it finds.
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 - FileHippo.com

Then get Avast Antivirus free, install, update and run.
Download Avast! Free Antivirus 9.0.2011 - FileHippo.com

Open Internet Explorer - Internet Options - Advanced - Reset
This will return it to factory fresh. You can then change the search engine to something more preferable.

For info, toolbars et al get installed by users. Knowingly or unknowingly. Not to teach you what I'm sure you already know but always do custom installs when installing software to check if toolbars and search engines are packaged as part of the deal. Never click on flash adverts etc on websites. Always read every single pop message. If in doubt press alt+f4 to close the window, don't click it.
Ok thanks, I'm just like Jesus Christ I've only had this running Windows for 2 weeks haha

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I keeps setting the homepage to Search

and regclean pro and advance system protector and optimizer pro are the programs that keep opening them selfes and runnning

and whats "internet download manager"? is that a real thing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you followed the steps above?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Boot into safe mode (repeatedly press F8 as windows is starting - choose safe mode from the menu)

Uninstall any software you don't want.

A full run of Malwarebytes and resetting the browser should take care of anything else.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Boot into safe mode (repeatedly press F8 as windows is starting - choose safe mode from the menu)

Uninstall any software you don't want.

A full run of Malwarebytes and resetting the browser should take care of anything else.
k ill try safe mode, i tryed to download the first link but all i did was instal spyhunter and a yahoo tool bar?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
there some krt phone app on here now too like omg whats going on lol programs everywhere

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I uninstalled like 10 programs but even in safemode I couldnt uninstal driver detective, spyhunter or skorpion saver?

whats 7zip? i get pop-ups trying to download malwarebytes and i dont know which one to click on.... which download button do i click on that **** website theres like 6 of them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
My humble suggestion .... completely re-install windows on the bootcamp partition.
Takes about 45 minutes and diagnosing issues, fixing problems and breaking windows even more will take at least another 2 days.

Reason for saying that is that you are not very clear in what the issue is ( or even what the symptoms are ) so remotely diagnosing is very difficult and ' guess work "

Not much of a help, I know that, but Windows being Windows, a clean install is always the best way forward when issue are complex.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is a direct link
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 - Download - FileHippo.com
or go to their website direct.
Malwarebytes : Free Anti-Malware

Can I also suggest you get another browser instead on explorer
Thx that link worked, I don't even use the browser just used it to download LOL, WOW,my razer mouse software, flash player and java and crap and thats about it. I surf the net in OS X for obviouse resons.

QUOTE=mrplow;1562359]This is a direct link
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 - Download - FileHippo.com
or go to their website direct.
Malwarebytes : Free Anti-Malware

Can I also suggest you get another browser instead on explorer[/QUOTE]

My humble suggestion .... completely re-install windows on the bootcamp partition.
Takes about 45 minutes and diagnosing issues, fixing problems and breaking windows even more will take at least another 2 days.

Reason for saying that is that you are not very clear in what the issue is ( or even what the symptoms are ) so remotely diagnosing is very difficult and ' guess work "

Not much of a help, I know that, but Windows being Windows, a clean install is always the best way forward when issue are complex.

Cheers ... McBie
Really... don't really wanna have to deal with this garbage every 2 weeks.

symtoms would be popups telling me to update java and my video player constantly even on the mac-forums "thankyou for logging in screen theres adds all over ive never scene before and right now a popup add in the upper right corner telling me to "call for great tech support". Then about 5-10 programs (listed above) just randomly being on my computer and opening them selves for no reason, the only one i haven't been able to get ride of is spyhunter, is says the program to uninstall couldnt be loaded or something error 1750 or 1705 something.

One populp says "warning you much update jav emidiatly" and wont let me close it so I keep alt F4ing it. Also in the browser is keeps saying stack overflow in line 302?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Someone please take the computer away from him.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The gamer in the family told me to warn you that guildnet, wow head, and similar sites are constantly having problems with this. Apparently the source of the problem is some of the ads on their sites.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Someone please take the computer away from him.
Oh come on.... ok maybe just the Windows partition....

The gamer in the family told me to warn you that guildnet, wow head, and similar sites are constantly having problems with this. Apparently the source of the problem is some of the ads on their sites.
Yeah see I haven't been on anything like that, I have probably been to a total of 15 websites.

Well update I was trying to do a full scan on malwarbites but the computer seemed to like to do a blue screen crash after 6 hours of scanning so I gave up and did a quick scan and deleted 130 things and windows also did a update and service pack thing which it restarted about 4 times during. I'm going to install the anti-virus now. I have mozilla now, now I just need to lockout IE so nobody can ever open it again haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmmm.

I mean no disrespect by this but I'd perhaps take some time to learn a bit about internet safety, maybe a couple of free online courses etc.

Then I'd do a fresh install of Windows, install avasts, fully update windows and run Malwarebytes Anti Malware quick scan once a week.
Maybe install javacoolsoftwares spywareblaster - which immunises your machine from known bad sites

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmmm.

I mean no disrespect by this but I'd perhaps take some time to learn a bit about internet safety, maybe a couple of free online courses etc.

Then I'd do a fresh install of Windows, install avasts, fully update windows and run Malwarebytes Anti Malware quick scan once a week.
Maybe install javacoolsoftwares spywareblaster - which immunises your machine from known bad sites
ill see, malwarbites seems to have fixed it, avast didnt find anything??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That sounds like a good thing

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I've usually found it helpful to run malwarebytes through a couple of passes if it has not been run in a while. I worked on someone's PC a few months ago. The combination of Malwarebytes, CCCleaner, and a second round of Malwarebytes identified several hundred pieces of malware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.