Airport oddity

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
Hey all!

I seem to have som, or more A problem with my MacBooks AirPort:

When im at my at my in-laws house, my MacBook wont connect to their D-link Wifi network... It says "Wrong password" or "Timeout in connection" ALL the time!
And the odd thing are:

1: My MacBook connects PERFECTLY to other wifi networks like my own, my dads, my school and my moms!

2: my iPhone and all other things like, their PS3, a iPod Touch, PCs and my BF's MacBook Pro connect with out any problems!!!

Does anybody have a solution to this?

Its kinda pissing me off, that i have to either drag i million feet long cable through the house, or have to use a USB modem (witch is about 2 mb/s and not 20 mb/s)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
Try putting a $ sign in front of the password when you enter it. Let us know if that worked or not.

Mel

OP
NightCrawler
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
Okay, I will...

What will the $-sign do actually?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Your MacBook and BF's MacBook Pro - the same OS and are both set to Location - Automatic? Apple menu for Location.

OP
NightCrawler
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Same OS
Same location
=
Odd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Moved to Networking forum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Ok try setting up a new location for your in laws place and make sure you enter the DNS numbers for their ISP and then when you visit select that location and when u leave go back to auto. Try it with Using DHCP and IPv6 off and see how that goes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.