4th gen nano auto ejecting on connection?

Reaction score
My new Ipod Nano 4th gen. seems to automatically eject itself on connection to the macbook; is this normal?

Should I be concerned enough to return it?

Reaction score
try removing and reinstalling iTunes, then try resetting the iPod. If u still have problems, I suggest u exchange it while u can. Did u try it on another computer?

OP
I
Reaction score
try removing and reinstalling iTunes, then try resetting the iPod. If u still have problems, I suggest u exchange it while u can. Did u try it on another computer?

not tried it another machine. this is now my only computer.

how do i reset the ipod - do you mean simply resetting it in the menu setting?

Reaction score
try it on a friend's computer. also, to reset, do it from the menu. it should work fine.

Reaction score
Fix--

I also had this nuisance of a problem with my iPod. I have proceeded to try and fix this and have come up with an easy solution that should work.

First go to (Edit) -> (Preferences) then switch to the [Devices] tab.
It seems that if you Toggle "check on and off" the disable automatic syncing feature, it should fix your problem with the iPod.

-Note- If you don't want the eject feature for after syncing, just configure your ipod as a hard drive with the time that it gives you; instead of just auto disconnecting.

Much Luck - Zap

Reaction score
Connect your ipod to you PC/Mac.... Open your iTunes... in the left panel select your ipod. it must appear under devices. In the right panel click the Summary tab. Check the checkbox "Manually manage music and videos". This will keep your ipod connected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.