Apple Cinema Displays

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
Hello All,

Are Apple's Monitors worth the price? Do anybody here use one?

Thanks!

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 5K iMac 4ghz 32gb 4gb Graphics - Late 2011 17" MacBook Pro 2.4ghz quad i7 16gb ram
I actually you the older model apple display, the 23" and i can say from that display which is HD i think the look and the quality is worth the money but if you can find a 23" HD elsewhere that is cheaper and you dont really care about the looks then go with that one. And the apples are very thick. if i had the money i would go with the apple display hands down though. What size are you looking at? (WOW 101 Posts)

OP
spilio
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I haven't really decided what size I'm going to go with yet. My gf is a bit hard of seeing, so she'll probably need something on the larger side. In my case, I'm more concerned with color quality and longevity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
They are very good, but there are displays that are equally as good (from a technical standpoint... Apple has them all beat on design) for much less cash.

Personally I think I'm going to go with a Dell (19/20")... I normally wouldn't touch anything with Dell on it, but I hear they do use some good LCD panels in their displays (at one point they used the same ones as Apple; I'm not sure if that's still the case).

OP
spilio
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dell, you say? God, I hate Dell. I literally have a graveyard of Dell equipment in my basement from clients who decided that the cost of fixing their box outweighed the cost of buying a new one.

I know this is a Mac forum, but would it be off topic to ask for suggestions about those displays that are technically as good as Apples - aside from Dell? ;)

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Dell, you say? God, I hate Dell. I literally have a graveyard of Dell equipment in my basement from clients who decided that the cost of fixing their box outweighed the cost of buying a new one.

Like I say, I'd normally steer clear, but I have heard good things, and they're fairly cheap. It's like Microsoft; I don't like their software, but would recommend their mice and keyboards. Or Sony; I wouldn't touch their DVD players, set-top boxes or the PSP, but I love their phones and TVs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
I have the 23" apple cinema display and i love it. I used to use a samsung 21" syncmaster which at the time was pretty darn good, but next to the apple display it does nto compare. If you can get it then go for the apple. just my 2 cents.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.