Help with macbook pro please.

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a macbook pro 17" about a year and had been having problems with the internet freezing. I could not override so i had to manually shut it down every time. So i connected it to my imac and wiped the drive to reinstall everything but when i tried my disks they seemed to be stuck. Possible scratched... i ahve just tried another set of disks from my friends macbook pro 15" and all that comes up on the screen is " os cannot be installed on this computer".

If anybody has any suggestions i would be delighted.

Jonas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums
Your dilemma.... Your friend's discs are specific to his computer, and will not work on yours.
Seeing that the details you have given, re specs, OS, and anything else that may come in handy, there is not much help that anyone can give. You need either retail versions of the OS you are trying to install, or the original discs that came with your Mac.
Options:
No idea what your OS is, so either purchase Leopard ($100+), Snow Leopard ($29), or call Apple and ask for replacement install discs ($20+).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.