Looking For A Certian Widget....

Reaction score
i saw a widget on one of the macs at the mac store today and they sales guy was telling me about it but i dont remember the name of it.
what it does is you can wirelessly connect to say another computer on the network or any network, and yyou can see what they are doing on their computer and even control there mouse. it sounds insane and i watched him ddo it breifly does anybody know where i can get this????

Reaction score
wow sounds insane, i want that. u sure it wasnt an app?

Edit: srry just looked you have to have remote desktop 3. the widget comes with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a mac user.. yet
I dont think that was a widget..

I saw an ad for it in the new OS. It comes with Leopard...

I can't remember where I saw it but yeah what your describing is what I saw.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
So... kutrack1 saw a demo of Leopard at a Mac store????

OP
K
Reaction score
no i dont think that it was a demo of lepord but it was a widget under the dashboard. i jsut got my first mac yesterday but the computer he was doing this on was on one of the older imac the one with the circular base and the cd/dvd drive was in that.

OP
K
Reaction score
i think am going to go back to the mac store on campus today where i saw it and ask them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
It sounds exactly like the Apple Remote Desktop widget that ships with Apple Remote Desktop.

...for $600.

OP
K
Reaction score
well i will let you guys know this afternoon once i get back over to the store and see what it is. the widget was just a little black box and you chose choose any computer within the network wired or wireless it was really cool...but not for $600

M

MacHeadCase

Just found this googling for other stuff...

How about this? CoRD:

CoRD is a remote desktop client for Mac OS X ported from the UNIX program rdesktop. It is a Universal Binary, and allows you to connect to multiple servers concurrently. There are many features not yet implemented, but it is usable in it's current form.

Version 0.2 though so still in its infancy.

Well it might not be the same thing as you are looking for, but just thought I'd post this in case someone would see an interest in this app. :girl:

And no, it doesn't seem to have a widget either! LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.