AppleTV-Is there a converter from Component or HDMI to RCA/S-Video?

Reaction score
I am purchasing Apple's AppleTV this week and I have a HDTV which will work fine with the HDMI or the Component Video outs but I just wish they had a RCA Video out or S-Video out for a standard TV that I wish to hook another AppleTV to.
My question, is there some type of converter that can convert either HDMI video or Component Video into S-Video or RCA Video?

Reaction score
I know that most DVD players/Video recorders can output component and s-video through the scart, you could hock it up that way but this would result in a downgrade of picture quality.

Reaction score
hope this can help

Hi, guy. I can't understand what HDMI video or Component Video or S-Video or RCA Video is. While when i vist this website mp4converter.net I found that they have apple tv converter Mac. Maybe you can go there and see is that the one you need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hi, guy. I can't understand what HDMI video or Component Video or S-Video or RCA Video is. While when i vist this website mp4converter.net I found that they have apple tv converter Mac. Maybe you can go there and see is that the one you need.

He's asking for physical cables, not software :bone:

I've been doing some searching around, and I can't seem to find anything that allows for HDMI or component cables to be converted to S-video or composite. I'll keep digging around and post here if I find anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Ok, found something, though I don't know if it'll work.

You can get the HDMI to DVI cable, and then hook that up to the DVI to Video adapter.

Now, I'm not exactly sure if using two adapters will work, but it's the best I could find :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.