Please Help

B

benlhoward

Hi there,

Basically we (design company!) have a dual 1.25ghz g4 powermac (mirror doors) with 1gb ram, osx 10.2.8. The cd drive was playing up a while ago but after running the hardware test it worked (hardware test said nothing was wrong!).

All was fine when the other week we had a kernal panick, but after a restart all seemed fine, although i no these are not good we had no chance to sort it out as this is our senior designers mac!

Today she called me for help as something i have not seen before happened. See attached jpgs. I have no idea what could be causing this or what it is! Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

2.jpg

3.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 21

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Was anything loaded on the system just before the problem started?

OP
B

benlhoward

rman said:
Was anything loaded on the system just before the problem started?

Not as far as i no, we just use, quark 6.5 and 5.5, photoshop7, illus 10 and all preinstalled software.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
I have the same machine at home - had it once about a year ago (back on Jaguar - I run Panther now). I reset the PRAM and repaired permissions. Haven't had it since but never learned the cause. We they running anything in particular when it happened?

OP
B

benlhoward

deus_ex_machina said:
I have the same machine at home - had it once about a year ago (back on Jaguar - I run Panther now). I reset the PRAM and repaired permissions. Haven't had it since but never learned the cause. We they running anything in particular when it happened?

I think Quark was open and maybe photoshop, but as you can see by the pics it was not being 'used' as such.

So you recommend re-setting the PRAM?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
benlhoward said:
I think Quark was open and maybe photoshop, but as you can see by the pics it was not being 'used' as such.

So you recommend re-setting the PRAM?

Thanks.

Yeah, that and repairing permissions. If this happened with an app open you may try trashing the plists under PS and Quark and let it create new ones. If it still persists you may want to do a clean install of the os or just an "archive and install" to retain your data.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.