Hawking Technology Wi-Fi Card

Reaction score
Can someone please help me get my Apple online?
I have a G3 PowerBook running OS 10.3.9, A Hawking Technology Wi-Fi card that keeps on connecting then disconnecting then connecting. The OS recognizes the card but it keeps on cutting out. Is it a software/hardware/age of my laptop?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Can someone please help me get my Apple online?
I have a G3 PowerBook running OS 10.3.9, A Hawking Technology Wi-Fi card that keeps on connecting then disconnecting then connecting. The OS recognizes the card but it keeps on cutting out. Is it a software/hardware/age of my laptop?

Do you have a model number for the card so I can check around the net? Is this a USB WiFi Nick?

OP
JaeP
Reaction score
Hawking

Do you have a model number for the card so I can check around the net? Is this a USB WiFi Nick?

Thanks for responding dTravis. I thought I was invisible or something. Here's the model number: Hawking Technology HWC54DA. It's a PCIMA card.

Thanks again. I am seriously thinking of getting a PC laptop.

OP
JaeP
Reaction score
7 days w/ no help?

That's okay I found a solution. I left my PowerBook in the middle of my street and bought a Dell laptop instead. No more wireless problems!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
There was nothing more I could say. They say the card works perfectally. I could find nothing else that would have helped. I feel the card and your router did not like each other but without being there, it was just a guess.

Sorry you tossed the Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.