I can't delete 6 excel files from my desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
If you " right click " on the item you want to delete and do "get info ", then at the bottom you can see what permissions you have for that file.
What does it say ?

Another quick test is .... can you open the files in Excel, make changes to them and save them ?
Can you rename the files ?

I think this is a permission issue.

It will always help if you let us know what OS version you are running. -_-

Cheers ... McBie

OP
N
Reaction score
I can not do any of this!
No changes, no nothing.
I'm using latest version of Lion and i think that happened when i installed the new office.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Are you saying you can not do "right click" and " get info " on a file on your desktop ?

Cheers ... McBie

OP
N
Reaction score
I'm saying that after right click I can not clich on any of the options there. I can saee alal of them but not clicking them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
A print screen would be helpful.

Are you using dropbox ( or similar syncing tool ? )

Cheers ... McBie

OP
N
Reaction score
Printscreen I can send you tmr morning because I left my comp at work.
And yes I use dropbox, and i was thinking about that. It was the same time i installed the office and the dropbox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Could it be that these 6 files were previously in a dropbox folder and then they were moved to the desktop ?
I am not a dropbox expert, but I have a feeling you might need UNIX expertise to fix this situation.
Wait a bit for a more experienced member to chime in and I am sure he can explain you some UNIX wizard stuff. -_-

Cheers ... McBie

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I am not a dropbox expert, but I have a feeling you might need UNIX expertise to fix this situation.
Wait a bit for a more experienced member to chime in and I am sure he can explain you some UNIX wizard stuff. -_-
That's my cue!

Unfortunately, that error message doesn't tell us much so let's get a sense of what the permissions are before we "Unix-ize" this solution. Take a screenshot of the info window and we'll go from there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
My reason for saying UNIX skills might be required is that I believe Dropbox is owning these files and not OS X directly. If you can't do " Get Info " on a file, then something is overriding the OS behaviour ... .in my humble opinion.

But I may be totally wrong.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
N
Reaction score
I was thinking about this thing with the dropbox, and there is a chance to be from it. But why i have only 6 files that i can't delete when i have more in my dropbox folder? First thing i will try when i get to my comp will be to erase the file from dropbox directori, erase the dropbox application and i'll see if those files are still there and if that so can i delete them! As soon as i do that i will let you guys know.

Once again, thank you for your help!

OP
N
Reaction score
Guys,
I deleted the dropbox application with all files in the folder but this files are still here and driving me crazy!

Vansmith> what screenshot exactly you need?
After right click on any of the files, I see only what you see on the linked picture. 001.jpg - 4shared.com - photo sharing - download image

I can not click on any of this options!

OP
N
Reaction score
I FIXED IT!
it is from the dropbox!
I restarted my comp and they are not on the desktop anymore
I'll install the dropbox again to see what will happened!

OP
N
Reaction score
After fresh installation of dropbox i don't have this problem anymore!
I tried a few times with many files. Everything is just great
Thank you McBie you gave that idea!
Thank you too Vansmith!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Glad you solved it mate ... well done.

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.