Reinstall OSX on Powerbook Ti

S

sexton

I bought a PB G4 Ti 867 mhz with OSX preinstalled and wanted to reinstall it myself but it seems every time I'm booting from cd I'm getting a "please restart your computer" message.Another thing is every time I start my PB it boots from cd and if theres no cd in a drive it carries on with booting from the hard drive.How to change that and make it boot directly from the hard drive?Another thing I tried to install Classic in it and same thing happened-please restart your computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
sexton said:
I bought a PB G4 Ti 867 mhz with OSX preinstalled and wanted to reinstall it myself but it seems every time I'm booting from cd I'm getting a "please restart your computer" message.Another thing is every time I start my PB it boots from cd and if theres no cd in a drive it carries on with booting from the hard drive.How to change that and make it boot directly from the hard drive?Another thing I tried to install Classic in it and same thing happened-please restart your computer.
To reinstall OS X put in your CD.....Don't open up anything in finder or anything
Restart the computer..as soon as it starts to boot hold down the C key..this tells the computer to boot from disk.

To get it to go to your OS X folder without checking for CDs go into System Preferences -> Startup Disk and select your OS X folder

OP
S

sexton

Ok thanx for advice.Changed that and tried to install OS9.2 but got to "this program cannot run on this computer".Does that mean that Classic cannot be installed on 867Mhz G4?And this machine is not dual boot as my old G3 was?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You should be able to install OS9 with no problem.
I have the same PowerBook as you and OS9 came preinstalled as a second boot folder

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Do you have a full installation media for OS 9. It is possible that the OS 9 you have is only for a certain hardware type.

OP
T

TylerMoney

os x should have classic built into it..mine did....though I did have panther.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.