Formatting an ibook g4

95vr4

I just got a used ibook g4. It's a cool little computer but I'm not really that impressed with it. It lags really bad and I have to use the force quit a couple times, my dell is way faster. I'm thinking that erasing it and starting clean may help. I'm downloading the OS X Panther isos now. Can I just re-install and format the drive just like windows? I'm definitely a mac newbie :)

OP
K

Kokopelli

You are downloading the isos? Sort of brazen admitting that on the forums isn't it? Yes the install is straight forward though. Put in the cd, hold down C as it boots to have it start from the cdrom and follow the directions.

OP

95vr4

Kokopelli said:
You are downloading the isos? Sort of brazen admitting that on the forums isn't it? Yes the install is straight forward though. Put in the cd, hold down C as it boots to have it start from the cdrom and follow the directions.
Since I obviously already own the software I don't see anything wrong with downloading a copy of it. Thanks forthe help though, hopefully it'll speed things up a little.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.