dictating and handwriting recognition software

Reaction score
Hi,

There seems to be two main software programs to dictate directly into 10 X4,
IBM ViaVoice Simply Dictation for Mac OS X; and Macs own IListen. One one review board, 50% called Ilisten useless. Is this so?

Which is better for fairly quick speaking, a journal or novel, IBM voice or IListen?

Also, I've come across handwritting recognition software that can scan in printed handwriting into an editable program after scanning them in? Any ideas of what is best and whether they work?

Also, what software program can take scanned typewritten pages and convert them to a program in which they can be edited?

Thanks much any ideas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 GHz 1 GB
I bought iListen about the week ago, and am using it right not typed this message. I am not satisfied with the recognition rate, but I'm hoping that it will go up with time. I have done about half the training lessons this far. I find that it sometimes works flawlessly for several sentences, but other's sentences doesn't work at all. Therefore, you can use iListen to relieve the strain on wrists, but I don't think it will ever be able to complete the replace the keyboard.

The program is also useful as a third hand, for launching applications are pressing bottoms, but that's also true for this software built into your Mac.

(I'm typing this last part using the keyboard - yes, the errors in the text above come from iListen - I may not be a native English speaker, but my grammar isn't _that_bad . ;))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Via voice has been dead to the Mac World for some time. IBM no longer supports it. iListen is a great bit of software. If you want to read a good review PM me and I'll point you to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.