chrome

Reaction score
im using my iphone now. my white 32 gb 3gs an this is my second iphone. my first was a 2g back in march 08. i have but one complaint(on hardware, not software) the chrome rim around the sides. this chrome has annoyed me since day one because its so darn easy to scratch, the rubber part of a switch easy rebel scratched it. is all chrome like this? and most of the marks on the chrome look more like blotch like smudges that wont come off rather than an actual scratch. its almost like apple made it just so it scratches so people buy new iphones. isnt there a coating they could put on so its more sratch resistant? or is this normal but isnt noticable on something bigger like a car? any insight, knowledge, expertise would be nice.

P.S. "scratch" is hella annoying to type on an iphone.

Reaction score
It's polished stainless steel, and it's always going to be scratched no matter what. It's inevitable. If you want to, you can get a case for it (I assume you haven't used one?) and that'll stop some of the scratches. I put my 3rd gen iPod nano in a leather case and it doesn't have a single scratch on the back. My iPod touch on the other hand, with a solid plastic case is a dust magnet and it has finite scratches on the back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
im using my iphone now. my white 32 gb 3gs an this is my second iphone. my first was a 2g back in march 08. i have but one complaint(on hardware, not software) the chrome rim around the sides. this chrome has annoyed me since day one because its so darn easy to scratch, the rubber part of a switch easy rebel scratched it. is all chrome like this? and most of the marks on the chrome look more like blotch like smudges that wont come off rather than an actual scratch. its almost like apple made it just so it scratches so people buy new iphones. isnt there a coating they could put on so its more sratch resistant? or is this normal but isnt noticable on something bigger like a car? any insight, knowledge, expertise would be nice.

P.S. "scratch" is hella annoying to type on an iphone.

Don't take this the wrong way. But are you kidding me??

I fully understand spending hundreds of dollars on a high end cellular phone... But I can name several other areas Apple dropped the ball on, The silver bezel would be the least of my worries.

The cheap plastic back panel that scratches and cracks
The substandard 1150MAH battery.
The measly 3MP camera with no flash.

Just to name a few. It's just an iPhone it's not a fully loaded 17inch MacBook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
Don't take this the wrong way. But are you kidding me??

I fully understand spending hundreds of dollars on a high end cellular phone... But I can name several other areas Apple dropped the ball on, The silver bezel would be the least of my worries.

The cheap plastic back panel that scratches and cracks
The substandard 1150MAH battery.
The measly 3MP camera with no flash.

Just to name a few. It's just an iPhone it's not a fully loaded 17inch MacBook Pro.

Everyone can name tons of things wrong with the iPhone, but stickerdontwork is bothered by the chrome bezel, so the others are irrelevant right now.

As for the scratching of the chrome bezel, I don't think there's really a solution. Either get a rubber case (they seem to be the best for grip and scratch prevention) or put up with the bezel getting scratched :(.

If you're really bothered by the scratches on the bezel, I suppose you could try some Mothers Mag & Aluminium polish on it, but you'd have to be extremely careful when applying it, and I'm not sure how much good it'll do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.