New to Mac Too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 DP 1.8 160 Super Drive 17 " Display
Well after some trial and error I am getting used to my G5. Quite an OS!
I can't believe how easy ITunes works and I don't have to do anything to download into my IPod. Are you listening Bill G!!!!
I sure hope you guys were not working this easy between applications for all these years while I was on a PC. Imagine working seemlessly between applications. It is hard to believe.
As one of you has a moniker "Once you switch you will never go back"

Amen!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Such a sweet machine! Are you using Mac Janitor and running the crons?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know what Mac Janitor is? Please let me know. Like my thread said I am new to Macs. Is Toast the best program to use for audio cassettes to digital?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Yeah, Toast seems like the way. Mac Janitor cleans up your logs but that can be done in the terminal Finder, Applications. Utilities Terminal type (switching to root - superuser) sudo sh /etc/daily > this needs to be done /weekly (instead of daily) and monthly. again with all apps closed. :)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will look into the Mac Janitor. I like programs like Norton that I use at least monthly to clean up registry, shortcuts, optimize etc on the PC. I like the one click option. If it is harder to do with Utilities Terminal I will be lest apt to do it.
I just saw that my local Apple Store runs classes on the new OS X. It is 2 hrs and I think I will take it. I need all the help I can get.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.