Font shortcuts

Reaction score
I'm using OS 10.6.3 and am creating a database using AppleWorks 6.2.9. The entries in the database use two fonts, one English and one Greek, sometimes in the same field. This means I have to switch from one font to another regularly. Doing this by pulling down the Format/Font menu and scrolling down to the next font and then back again is extremely time-consuming. it would be hard enough if the scrolling was fast, but it isn't: it takes me about fifteen seconds to switch from one font to another and another fifteen seconds to switch back to the first font. Can anybody suggest a solution to this problem, maybe something like a shortcut that would enable me to switch fonts with a single keystroke?
Many thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I just copy and paste text from the font I want to switch to, then replace that text with the new entry. Of course, that only works once you have all the fonts in the document that your want to use. I think you can also change it after the fact using the toolbar command to match the style of a selected entry. I don't know of a keyboard shortcut to initiate a font switch. There are so many fonts, you'd need a kazillion shortcuts!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Well I don't use AppleWorks anymore. Can't even install it on my Mini. My son still has it on his ancient iBook, but he's in another State. It would be nice if there was a menu item to "select Font" from the document. That is, click that, then pick a word in a font on the document that you want to switch to, then type in the selected font. My CAD background is showing! ;) (It does that for layers.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.