iTunes Album Artwork Removal

T

t-lo

While dragging artwork into iTunes for individual albums I accidentally placed the image on the wrong album. I tried just putting the correct image over the wrong one but now it shows two seperate images for the same album. I tried for a while but couldn't figure out how to remove album artwork from songs in iTunes. Does anyone know how to do this? Is it even possible? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
I believe in your iTunes folder there is an "Artwork" folder - you could scrap the two images and reapply the correct one as before, I'd think.

OP
T

t-lo

I found a couple different itunes folders but I didn't see one with artwork in it. I did a search for itunes artwork on my computer but still found nothing. Do you know more specifically where that folder might be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
t-lo said:
I found a couple different itunes folders but I didn't see one with artwork in it. I did a search for itunes artwork on my computer but still found nothing. Do you know more specifically where that folder might be?

If you go under "view info" you should be able to choose "Album Artwork" and then delete the unwanted one from there.

OP
T

t-lo

AH HA!! Thank you so much! If you go to the individual song, select it then "get info" you can change the artwork.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
I see what you're referring to...I was thinking of Synergy...sorry. Get Info it is :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.