iPod Touch Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 - 2005
I have an iPod Touch which I use with a 2005 Powerbook G4. Whenever I go to add new music to the device, whether it be 10 songs or 100 songs, it takes over an hour to sync. Has anyone ever had this problem? Any thoughts on to why it takes so long...is is because the Powerbook is 5 years old?

Reaction score
I have an iPod Touch which I use with a 2005 Powerbook G4. Whenever I go to add new music to the device, whether it be 10 songs or 100 songs, it takes over an hour to sync. Has anyone ever had this problem? Any thoughts on to why it takes so long...is is because the Powerbook is 5 years old?

I doubt that is the problem, my old iBook G4 synced fine. I assume it has a 2.0 or greater USB yes? Have you tried restoring you iPod or reinstalling iTunes? Just a thought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
Whenever I go to add new music to the device, whether it be 10 songs or 100 songs, it takes over an hour to sync.
Gotta ask... what is the source of all of these new songs? Are you buying them from iTunes? If they are MP3's from some other source, there is the possibility that you could have one or more corrupt files. If you are buying them from iTunes, it might be time to call 1-800-MY-APPLE.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4th gen Touch
It might be what you are choosing to sync. I noticed mine was taking a long time for the initial sync, but then I saw that I had not de-selected a bunch of stuff I didn't really want to sync. (like 4 hours of video and probably 10 hours worth of TV shows.)

Apps and music syn pretty quickly for me. When you're in iTunes, click the iPod icon when you have it plugged in, and go through all the tabs to make sure you're only syncing what you really need.

The earlier point about having USB 2.0 is also valid. I don't know what your older Mac has, but if it is not USB 2.0, it is going to be half or less than half as fast.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.