Trouble syncing iWork between iMac and iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 Mac Mini - Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz - 8GB ram - 1TB HDD, iPad Air 32GB, iPhone 6s 64GB
Just recently installed iWork 09' on my kids older iMac (mid 06') and I am having troubles syncing my numbers and pages documents from my iPad2 . Can' quite figure out why they wouldn't show up the iMac when i synced the ipad to it. Please bear in mind I'm still fairly new to the apple OS.

C

chas_m

Since you said nothing whatsoever about iCloud, I guess we'll start there: signed in? Turned on on both devices? Set to sync? Is the iCloud library okay?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Just recently installed iWork 09' on my kids older iMac (mid 06') and I am having troubles syncing my numbers and pages documents from my iPad2 . Can' quite figure out why they wouldn't show up the iMac when i synced the ipad to it. Please bear in mind I'm still fairly new to the apple OS.

Do you know which version of OSX is on the iMac?

I suspect it's too old to support iCloud syncing.

You can save the pages document as normal then drag into the applications panel in iTines when syncing the iPad.

However if you install Dropbox on the Mac and save into the dropbox folder and use the dropbox app on the iPad you'll have wireless syncing between the two.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I thought you had to have the 2013 version of iWork to share not the 09 version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I thought you had to have the 2013 version of iWork to share not the 09 version.

I guess that depends on what you mean by 'share'

The iTunes and Dropbox routes will both work with '09

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 Mac Mini - Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz - 8GB ram - 1TB HDD, iPad Air 32GB, iPhone 6s 64GB
The iMac is running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. iWork 09' is the latest version that will run on it. The iCloud on my iPhone and iPad is set up to share documents.

C

chas_m

The latest versions of iWork 09 most definitely had Documents in the Cloud (iCloud) support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The latest versions of iWork 09 most definitely had Documents in the Cloud (iCloud) support.

But only under Lion onwards I think

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If I use iTunes will they sync automatically or do you have to manually update if changes are made to any documents?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.