screen spanning ta a BIG monitor

F

Fallooza

i have a iMac G5 (the newest model) and i want ta use a big monitor with it. ive been looking at this http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...Page=productview&sku=320-4221&c=us&l=en&cs=19 its the bigest monitor i could find that has a higher resolution than 1280*768 (its 1920*1200) i am willing ta get a LCD TV. i want a 30" but thay all seem ta be 1280*768 and i am afraid that my curser would be 2"s tall. i think the highest resolution i can use is 2048*1530.

my Qs are
1 is that 24" monitor Compatible
2 if i use a 30" or bigger monitor with 1280*768 resalution will my curser and text be huge compared ta my imac
3 any suggestions on what monitor ta get (either the one i posted or a better one)
please help any comments or opinions are encouraged

:blind: :bone: :robot: :cool: :baron: :eek: :flower: :eek: :dive: :bushman:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
iNAP said:
Only thing I can say is awesome monitor Wow!

One thing I know is you CAN NOT screen span with the iMac unless you run a hack to do it. All it will do is mirror the display you have on the built in monitor. I would recomend the Dell 24" wide monitor. Its real nice and a great value. I have two myself.

OP
F

Fallooza

i do have the hack (see Mac Specs under my avatar) i think i will be getting the 24" Dell. i really really really wanted a 30" but i just couldnt find the rite resolution. thanks for the help. im still going ta keep my eyes open for a 30" or bigger so if you see one let me know.

also is 2048*1530 the highest resolution i can get with the hack? im realy not sure the 24" will work at its resalution of 1920*1200. thanks

OP
F

Fallooza

Acill said:
. I would recomend the Dell 24" wide monitor. Its real nice and a great value. I have two myself.
how much did u pay for yours? 899.25+tax (944.21) for me. did you have any problems with them?

Reaction score
A bit off-topic but I saw you have the WestingHouse 17" Widescreen LCD...

How do you like it?

I want a wide screen and can't find any other models under 20", and I don't have the money for a 20" right now.

thanks

OP
F

Fallooza

Stephen G said:
A bit off-topic but I saw you have the WestingHouse 17" Widescreen LCD...

How do you like it?

I want a wide screen and can't find any other models under 20", and I don't have the money for a 20" right now.

thanks
when you posted my mac specs didnt show i had the 17" monitor. how did you know i had it? it was ok but the resolution is 1280*768. so when i screen spanned from my imac images would be bigger on the smaller screen. if money is a factor i would get it (dont forget you will have ta get your own VGA or DVI cable) or if i was going ta use it with anouther moniton of the same resolution. If it were my i would try to wait and save for a 20". but the 17" is a good monitor and i wouldnt tell you not ta get it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.