Macbook concern

Reaction score
Hey guys! I am really worried about my 13-inch MacBook 5.1:
Lately it's become really hot all the time even though the fan has been going on max (5000-6000 rpm) the entire time.
It only has one fan but it has always been a normal temperature, and now it won't go below 67 degrees celcius.

What do I do?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What do I do?

Nothing...it's normal.:)

You're probably working your computer harder than you have previously...by watching internet videos, gaming, or something else.

- Nick

OP
Z
Reaction score
But the problem is that I have always worked it this hard which is why I'm worried :p

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
But the problem is that I have always worked it this hard which is why I'm worried :p

I'm still thinking that you must be doing something different to "work it harder" than you have previously.

Like I mentioned...67°C is really not that bad at all. I've seen plenty of posts (and experienced myself) where folks have reported temps in the 70's, 80's, and even above 90°C.

If you absolutely-positively think that you're doing nothing different...then it's possible that your MacBook is dirty inside (fan & other areas full of dirt/fuzz). Also...if you use your computer in a warmer than usual environment (Winter vs. Summer temps for example)...the computers temps will increase.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.