-- Counter-Strike, Team Fortress 2, & Call of Duty 4 QUESTIONS!

Reaction score
Hello. I am running on a MacBook OS X; Version 10.5.5, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM Memory.

I know this isn't the best set-up for gaming, however I understand it may still work with low-quality settings. The games I am interested in are Counter-Strike: Source (Windows version), Team Fortress 2 (Orange Box, Windows version), and Call of Duty 4 (Windows or Mac version).

I am not looking to purchase Leopard.

What is the best way to go about this? I assume Boot Camp Assistant is the Boot Camp people talk about, to play games on Windows with the Mac? What would run best, for instance, if I were to run Call of Duty 4 through the Mac version or through Boot Camp on the Windows version?

Which game would you recommend from possible personal experience, or possibly not recommend as well?

Thank you for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, iMac 1.6ghz
I have a 2.0 white macbook and I was barely able to play CSS but that was on default settings but COD4 is unplayable unless you like slideshows. To run the games you do need boot camp. Also for CSS you need to bring the dxlevel to 7? i forget.

ChrisNg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.