Need Help With DVD files (not illegal)

Reaction score
I recorded a friends wedding with my Sony DVD camcorder last week. I finalized the disc and copied to my computer. I need to add the title and insert/remove some portions of the video. How do I get the movie file to open in iMovie or Final Cut Express. It is in the VOB format. I downloaded Handbrake and it converted the file into a .avi file, but it still will not open in these two programs. Am I doing something wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I believe iMovie and Final Cut use QuickTime, so to open the AVI file, you may want to install the Perian QuickTime plugin.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
I recorded a friends wedding with my Sony DVD camcorder last week. I finalized the disc and copied to my computer. I need to add the title and insert/remove some portions of the video. How do I get the movie file to open in iMovie or Final Cut Express. It is in the VOB format. I downloaded Handbrake and it converted the file into a .avi file, but it still will not open in these two programs. Am I doing something wrong?

You want to re-use handbrake and convert to .mov, preferably H.264 format.

Amen-Moses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.