MBP XP Boot Camp Sound Issues

Reaction score
Like a lot of people I'm having problems with my sound on Boot Camp and using Windows XP.

I previously had a Boot Camp partition that worked but it got corrupted a while ago and I deleted it. Now that I'm starting to use a few XP programs and games again I've reinstalled Boot Camp and have had limited success getting the sound to work.

In XP, it says that no audio mixer device is installed. I can't open anything that requires sound and just not having it is annoying. I've reinstalled Windows thrice to no avail. I've also tried to reinstall the drivers from the Leopard disc that I have. (It's an upgrade disc from an iMac my grandmother got: could this be the problem?) The odd part is that when I installed Parallels Desktop 5182(?) the sound worked perfectly, but now that I've booted into Boot Camp, I have no such luck.

Thanks a lot, everyone. I'd really appreciate help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You'll need to determine what audio card you have (in Windows, run dxdiag from the RUN command on the Start Menu). Then see about getting updated drivers for it from the maker of that chipset.

Reaction score
it sucks i waited for a easy answer but in the end i had to reformat and reload to get my sound working.:)

OP
A
Reaction score
I ran dxdiag and it's showing no sound card installed.

"No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer."

And like I said previously, I reformatted twice to no avail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.