Desktop

Reaction score
Desktop in Finder opening iPhoto. Please help.
Am unable to put iPhoto icon on desktop because of this. Had trouble with iPhoto prior to this happening

OP
C
Reaction score
i have an iMac. For some unapparent reason, desktop app, found in Finder now opens iPhoto rather than showing what is on the desktop. I noticed another thread below mine with the same problem. Would follow the info, but have no idea how to change administrator without messing things up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Sorry, I'm not going to be able to help. I'm not aware of an Application called Desktop. If there is such a thing, Spotlight didn't find it. (No surprise there.) There certainly are other threads on how to change the administrator. Just use the Search feature.

OP
C
Reaction score
You are right, there is no application called Desktop. However when I look in Finder, under Places, which is where Desktop is, I have issues. When I try to open Desktop, a popup comes up which states: "There is no application set to open the document “Desktop”. Could someone please help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about telling us which version of OS X you're running and then some information about your Mac: Year, Model.

The "Desktop" is not an application, it's a place. It sounds like you have something named "desktop" either in your applications folder or documents folder. Or was accidentally dragged to the sidebar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 6GB 800MHz Ram, 1Tb, OSX 10.5.8
This is so cryptic I think we need Magnum PI on the case, *1 i have to agree with chscag, it sounds very much like you have some how name a misc. file or such as desktop.

Perhaps a screen shot or two of each stage might clear up the confusion!

OP
C
Reaction score
I have an iMac, just over a year old and am running Snow Leopard.
Screen shot 2011-11-30 at 6.20.00 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2011-11-30 at 6.23.20 PM.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.